RDA enhances the value of agriculture by :
- Breeding new and good varieties competitive in the global market,
- Developing technology to ensure food security
- Promoting technology to produce export-oriented products, and
- Commercializing technology to serve the real needs of farms and markets.
RDA leads the efforts to make our agriculture and farms strong!
Greater Increase of Agri-food Competitiveness
RDA helps the agricultural sector create more value through the efforts to:
- Support the seed industry by securing genetic resources and breeding new varieties,
- Improve the diets of the people by developing high-quality and functional foods,
- Actively promote agriculture exports by developing new fruit and vegetable varieties including peppers,
strawberries, and chrysanthemum, and
- Conduct R&D to meet the real needs of farmers.
- RDA actively supports the promotion of the seed industry.
- Korea is becoming a global powerhouse of seed industry by efficiently managing genetic resources and breeding
- RDA develops technology to improve food self-sufficiency.
- For increasing food production, the Administration develops new rice varieties and processing technologies
adaptable to climate change, and improve the quality and farm-mechanization of cereal crops.
- RDA supports agricultural exports by increasing the agricultural competitiveness.
- The scientists of RDA creatively apply cutting-edged technologies to agriculture to stably produce high-quality
products and to enhance the farm competitiveness.
- RDA consolidates its research and extension service to satisfy the real needs of farmers.
- The Administration actively identifies and addresses the issues and problems faced by farmers by surveying their
technological demands and developing real-world solution.